Mission and Vision Statement
Utah School Boards Association builds highly qualified leaders by empowering locally elected school boards with the knowledge, skill, and quality services to advocate for public education and govern with excellence.
Excellence in public education through effective leadership by locally elected boards of education.
USBA Belief Statements
- Public education provides opportunities for all children.
- Public education’s success depends on public support.
- A sustained ﬁnancial commitment is essential to public education.
- Locally elected non-partisan school boards best represent local educational needs.
- Effective local school boards inﬂuence student achievement when collaborating with parents, students, and the education community.
- Multiple land use provides funding for public education.
- Legislation should support excellence in public education.
History of USBA
Recognizing the need for a unified voice on behalf of children, parents, and taxpayers, local school board members founded the Utah School Boards Association (USBA) in 1932.
The association is governed by the Board of Directors comprised of: one elected director from each of the sixteen (16) association regions, the four elected officers, any Utah School Board member presently holding an elected position with the National School Boards Association (NSBA), and may include 1 representative designated by the State Board of Education.