Our Mission and Vision Statement
Our mission here at the Utah School Boards Association is to build highly qualified leaders by empowering locally elected school boards with the knowledge, skill, and quality services to advocate for public education and govern with excellence.
Our vision is excellence in public education through effective leadership by locally elected boards of education.
USBA Belief Statements
- Public education provides opportunities for all children.
- Public education’s success depends on public support.
- A sustained ﬁnancial commitment is essential to public education.
- Locally elected non-partisan school boards best represent local educational needs.
- Effective local school boards inﬂuence student achievement when collaborating with parents, students, and the education community.
- Multiple land use provides funding for public education.
- Legislation should support excellence in public education.
History of USBA
Recognizing the need for a unified voice on behalf of children, parents, and taxpayers, local school board members founded the Utah School Boards Association (USBA) in 1932.
The association is governed by a board of directors consisting of one member from each of the sixteen regions within the state, a representative from the State Board of Education, and the four elected officers: president, president elect, vice-presidents, and immediate past president.